ALAN is an NCTE Assembly. They usually meet on the Monday and Tuesday following NCTE Annual Convention. Please visit with your Iowa representatives for more information about this valuable group! We’d LOVE to talk to you!
- Sheila Benson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kirstey Ewald: email@example.com
- Jenny Cameron Paulsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the NCTE website:
NCTE Assemblies are membership groups which have been authorized by the NCTE Executive Committee. They:
- serve individuals who share the same special interests or who have similar jobs.
- offer their members the opportunity to meet face to face during the NCTE Annual Convention.
- provide information to members through newsletters, journals, listservs, or websites.
- present sessions at the NCTE Annual Convention.
The purposes of this assembly are to promote communication and cooperation among all individuals who have a special interest in adolescent literature; to present programs and conferences on this subject; to promote and increase the number of articles and publications devoted to it; and to integrate the efforts of all those with an interest in this literature. Members receive three issues annually of The ALAN Review, a journal emphasizing new books, research, and methods of teaching adolescent literature.
For information, visit the ALAN Web page at http://www.alan-ya.org/ or contact James Blasingame, Executive Director, at James.Blasingame@asu.edu. Annual dues are $30, $50 for institutions, and $10 for students. The membership form is online at http://www.alan-ya.org.
Find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/alanyalit/.