ICTE has an opening on the executive board for the position of secretary. Please contact Erin Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to add your name to the ballot by October 5th, 2015. Voting will take place during the fall conference on October 8th and 9th, 2015.
Board members must meet the following expectations fully in order to serve on the board.
Board members should be able to . . .
- Attend the majority of the online meetings (executive board members who miss three meetings will be contacted about their future involvement with the board),
- Attend the face-to-face meetings (we generally have two per year),
- Open, edit, comment on, and share a google.doc,
- Sign in and use VSee or Skype for online meetings,
- Attend the fall conference (if permitted by their school district), and
- Be a member in good standing of NCTE.
In addition, the Secretary (may be elected for consecutive terms). . .
- Attends Executive Board meetings
- Records and distributes minutes to board members and NCTE
- Provides active leadership/involvement on the Executive Board and in the organization.
- Prepares meeting notes appropriate for online publication and posts to Google Docs
- Contributes to membership communications
- Records and distributes the minutes from the annual business meeting
- Responsible for printing ballots for the annual business meeting
- Manages a list of motions
- File biennial report to the State of Iowa